Sunday, May 18, 2008

A New Day

So I didn't sleep very well last night without Harley, he was one of the dogs we had adopted out. He was my original baby. He was a tan chihuahua, the typical taco bell dog and he had the attitude to go with it. Here's a pic...

He was my shadow. He followed me everywhere and slept with me every night for the last 6yrs. So you are probably wondering why we ended up needing to have someone adopt him, huh? Well, as I mentioned earlier, he is the typical chihuahua. There are several of our friends who have felt the wraith of Harley. He is very loving but very protective of his home.

He also has the hilarious history of trying to attack school buses while they drive by our house. If you're walking him, he actually tries to jump off the sidewalk to get it. I saw a chihuahua movie display at the mall the other day. I don't remember the name of it, but the poster has a chihuahua that looks like Harley and it says, "You want some of this?"... that's my little man, in a nut shell. BUT I doubt that I have ever known an animal with more love packed into his little body.

I love you Harley, and I thank MA and her family for taking him in. An email this morning states that he is adjusting well and doing fine. They promise to keep me updated, which I greatly appreciate! I think I might actually be done crying now - but no promises.

No comments: