Thursday, May 29, 2008

Pork Tenderloin Marinade

I brought the same marinaded pork tenderloin to cookout this weekend and people keep asking me about the marinade, so I figured that I would post it for everyone! As I had mentioned my hubby is a chef, so I'm used to all the yummy stuff he creates and I'm kind of oblivious to the fact that some people aren't... lol!

We went a wholesale club and bought 6lbs of pork tenderloin (I think it can be used on any type of pork though). Henry peeled it so that it was free of all the fat and connective stuff. He then sliced it into medallions (pieces are about 1/2 thick).

Marinade Recipe:
1 Tbsp ground ginger
1 Tbsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp kosher salt
1/2 C sweet chili sauce
1/4 C pear vinegar
black pepper to taste
1/4 c olive oil

He mixed it all up in a ziploc bag and then added the meat. He squished it around until everything was coated and put it back into the refridgerator for about 24 hrs. I guess that it's best to marinade for 12-36 hrs. So it can be done in advance.

We brought it to the cookout and grilled it up until it's done (160 degrees) or until tender - who the heck used a thermometer at a cookout, right?! The marinade makes it super tender and keeps it moist. For the brunch, I think he seared in a skillet, but you can also pop it in the oven. Because they are so thin I would think that 350 degrees for no more than 10 minutes would be fine.

If you try it, let me know what you think! I keep trying to get him to write a cookbook, but he's a little busy... says he'll get to it someday. Phoebe and I made some homemade oatmeal cookies. I got the recipe from the Quaker Oatmeal website, they are the Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. They were awesome!! I'll tell you all about that later. Have a great day!!

No comments: