Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Merry Bah Humbug

That's pretty much how I feel right now. I can't wait for the holidays to arrive, but between the finances and stress that actually come with them, I could see them leaving without a second thought.

I've gotten almost all of my shopping done which means that now I have time to second guess every single purchase I made. Does anyone else do this?? I mean seriously, my kids are 3 and 5 and I'm thinking... "I hope they like the toys". These are the kids that fought viciously yesterday over a leave! Yes, a leave... well, actually some sort of bean thing that looks like a really big black green bean. I called it the music leave. lol

Anyway, Chef Hubby and I decided that from now on Christmas is not going to be a living room FULL of "stuff". We picked one big thing that they both will share, then a couple little things, an outfit to wear christmas day, and the ever important, Christmas Eve PJs. The Pj tradition we stole from one of aunts... but we cherish it.

So I am going to try to get the housework and work work done before Friday so that we can put up the christmas tree this weekend. I can't wait for the tree to go up. I was also going to start with the "Elf on a Shelf" this year, because I thought it was an awesome concept, but we will probably be doing our own version since the cute little guy with activity book is $30!!

Anyway... Merry Bah Humbug to all!!

No comments: