Saturday, January 24, 2009

Wedding Pics...

So a while back, I was so excited that I was able to wear my maid of honor's dress from my wedding to the renaissance fair. At the time, I wasn't able to show any of the pics from the actual wedding, but I found some!! So here they are...

This was the seating display that my maid of honor painted for us. It was so cool, I have to say. We had decided that each table would be a country, so she made us a map. The bride's room was the "Maiden's Den", dance floor was "Dancing Waters", and the entrance was the "Kingdom of Entree". It was really neat! We still have it!

This was the wedding party. The groomsmen all wore tuxedos at the church, then changed. All of the swords are actually Henry's. We were going to display them someday, then we had kids... someday just hasn't happened yet.


This is our cake. I love, love, love, love this cake!! It was as delicious as it was stunning! Each stone and tree was made individually with sugar. The rope bridge was authentic and the castle towers were perfect. I actually came across the amazing talent who created this on the web. She was just starting out on her own and she did not disappoint. Unfortunately, upon finding the picture, I tried googling her to say "hi" and once again thank her for her amazing work, and she seems to have stepped away. Well, wedding cake wonders will be missed! Thank you, Dottie!

Well, that was my little tour down memory lane. I hope you enjoyed it! I will be back soon with some more updates. I promise!

No comments: