Saturday, October 22, 2011

Another apology...

I can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks since I've last posted. I didn't mean to step away for so long.

Things have been crazy!!

Phoebe will be in a show this weekend. It's going to be sooo cute... I can't wait. She's a "Who" in Seussical Jr - The Musical.

Her BFF got the understudy part Jo Jo, the smallest Who in Whoville, which caused a little bit of tension in the beginning. BUT then, Phoebe got the understudy part for the Young Kangaroo and it's all better now :) lol

Don't you wish problems were this easy to solve in the real world??

Actually, now that I think about it... maybe some of them ARE that easy to solve.

Since the last post, my husband won the primary election for our Ward in the city. I couldn't be more proud. I am impressed daily by his determination and commitment to this city. He has been nonstop answering calls, attending meeting, doing radio interviews and debates. It's just constant motion. He is so good at handling it. Me, not so much :(

I have to admit... I need to go back to Weight Watchers, because my coping method seems to have packed on a couple of extra pounds. **sigh**

I am NOT the politician in the family. I say stuff that shouldn't be said, without even realizing it. So I've learned to just say nothing... which is very difficult for me! ugh!!! I just keep saying the Penguins of Madagascar's mantra "Smile and wave, boys! Smile and wave."


That's pretty much what I've been doing my entire life because I'm not a big fan of conflict, but it's my coping mechanism now. I'm awful with names so you smile and shake hands, enter the small talk and pray to God you don't get caught not knowing.

Am I alone??

I don't know. The show is done this weekend. The official election is November 8th. I just need to make it til then. Unfortunately, Halloween falls in between which leaves plenty of candy in the house to soothe me!! lol

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my girlfriends!!! They have helped me in so many ways...

Watching my kids.
Letting me vent.
Dragging me for runs.
Mixing me a drink.
Making me laugh.
Letting me cry.
Just making me feel sane.

I love them...

No comments: