Saturday, October 8, 2011

Changes, changes, everywhere!!

Phew! It's over.

Remember way back when I posted my "Cryptic message"? Well, I had an interview for a teaching job.

A teaching job that I had applied for way back in March of last year.

My interview was the very first day of Football preseason! As many of the parents out there know... the first day of football preseason isn't pretty.

There are lots of forms that need to be turned in. Lots of kids who haven't done anything all summer. Lots of stupid injuries that could have been avoided. Lots of whining, moaning, groaning, etc.

All of which I am responsible for dealing with!!!

But, I had the interview too...

It lasted 17 minutes. Yeah. That's it. All my eggs in one basket. Hoping that those 17 mins were enough.

Fortunately, I had 2 a days to keep my occupied... oh and those final 30 miles in 2 weeks left to finish for my 99/100 Summer Run Challenge!

Anyway, I got the call with the job offer the following week and was able to start subbing "for myself" the day after Labor Day. It was fun. It was hectic. It was still NOT official, because my husband also worked at the school and they have an Anti-Nepotism rule, which meant that I had to be approved by the school committee the following week.

It passed and I was officially offered the job. THEN, I had to give my resignation at the high school I had been working at for 5+ years as the Athletic Trainer, or more specifically, the hospital I have been contracted out of. They require 2wks, but requested 3 weeks so that I could help with the transition. No problem. I love the people there - the kids, the coaches, the staff, heck, even the parents I work with there ROCK!

So for the past 5wks I have been working as a Physical Education teacher at one school, an Athletic Trainer at another school, a Campaign Manager for my husband's campaign, and a mom. Can you say EXHAUSTED??

Last night was my last "official" night at as the Athletic Trainer and I was sad.

There were so many former students that came to say goodbye and I was swarmed by hugs from the present ones. I cried AGAIN on the way home. Man, this has been a killer.

I am so excited to be a part of my new school. I can't wait to be able to add my spin to the mix. I've already learned so much from my coworkers and there is still so much left to figure out. I'm already planning to go to a lot of the games to make sure that everything is going well... and to actually be able to talk and mingle with the spectators.

Transitions are crazy. Change is scary. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I can't wait to figure it out :)

No comments: