Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Another week, another trip to the doctor's office...

So Last month Phoebe had strep throat, then a few weeks ago, she had another infection. We still aren't sure exactly what it was, but there was some trace blood in her urine. This was supposedly indicative of a possible kidney infection, but my kids never show any signs of being sick other than the runny nose or vomitting. The doctor said she should have been in a lot of pain, etc. Oh well, she gets to pee in a cup Saturday and we'll know more - great! right?

So now both kids have colds. No biggy, right? Wrong, apparently! Payton has a really bad cough at night and then it goes away during the day. I figured it was post nasal drip and the fact that it gets worse when you are sleeping, but decided to get it checked out anyway. Yeah, well my happy little kid with what I thought was a common cold, has 2 ear infections that are "at least a few days old" and croup! So now I get to monitor Phoebe to see if she has a progression of symptoms. So far, so good.

I don't know about anyone else, but neither of my kids are willing to "take" medicine. It's a throw down and it's tiring. It's only two doses in and I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to have enough of the meds left to finish the entire series. She's taking a steriod and an antibiotic 2 times a day... can someone shoot me now?!?!

No comments: