Monday, December 28, 2009

Getting Ready for the New Year!!

So in 3 days the New Year will be rolling in. Can you believe it?!? It's been a crazy couple of weeks but I am happy to report that our box is almost full! We started filling a "Pantry Box" after Thanksgiving, and with the help of my friends and family, it's almost full. The best part is that it has everything from oatmeal, peanut butter, canned hams, and mashed potatoes right through to the cake mixes and frostings! I am so excited at how well it's stocked and cannot wait to bring it by the school for them to share it with the families!

I will be researching places that these items can be donated, if you are interested. For now, I can guarantee that any church or parish will be accepting items throughout the year. Remember this is a problem that families are dealing with every single day, not just the holidays!

For more information about what my "Fill the Pantry Challenge" is, check out my post.

I wish you all a Healthy, Happy, Safe, and Satisfying New Year!!

No comments: