Sunday, June 12, 2011

All Better

Phew... sorry about the last post. I wasn't in the best of moods.

I don't know how people like to go out and "Get wasted!!" I never liked that feeling. Well, ok, I liked that feeling in undergrad after I injured my shoulder. Then again, I think just about any other feeling was better than that initial pain. Actually, come to think of it, maybe it's just shoulder pain in general that I have issues with.

Anyway, I'm off the meds and mostly better. Today I even managed to put on a pair of jeans (without a belt) and SIT DOWN!! woohoo!!

This weekend has been insane. We had birthday parties, a retirement party, a baptism, AND a baby shower. I'm tired just thinking about it all. The cool part was that I was able to wear a couple of dresses, show off some new shoes, and spend a lot of time with wonderful people.

I still have a few more weeks before I can really workout, but until then, I will continue to do some low impact stuff around the house. I can't lift more than 20lbs, but tomorrow I think I will be doing a toning workout for my arms and shoulders. I figure as long as I stabilize with a chair or a bench to take the stress off my core for the most part, I can't do any damage. I just have to start making positive changes.

I have a couple more days of work before I am done for the summer. I have to admit, I'm excited... but nervous. Missing 9 paychecks seems a little scary right now, but I'm sure we'll manage. We always do... somehow.

Going to go settle on the couch with my hubby now. Haven't seen much of him this weekend and although last night was fun getting out with him, I pretty came home and crashed instantly following the retirement party. I'm such a pathetic thing this week... lol. Oh well, everyone keeps telling me I have to take care of myself.

Gonna go do that :) Good night!

No comments: