Friday, January 29, 2010

One of those weeks...

So this week has been one of those weeks. I've been running from one thing to another and feel like I can't catch up.

Monday started by bringing the kids to school and being asked to teacher Physical Education for the day. I definitely wanted to do it, I mean seriously. It's a great opportunity to see if it's for me. Try to figure out the kids, etc. But I had no idea what to expect. I ran home and showered. Then I prepped one workout that I could modify for grades 2-8. I survived. It was actually kind of fun too!

Then Tuesday I had to cover some Basketball games at school. That morning I finished most of the molding in the bathroom. I think that I'm getting a little quicker and better with my cuts. I'm becoming one with the miter saw. I should post some pics of the bathroom soon. I think I will have to have a photo day to catch you up on everything I've been doing. Anyway, I headed to work at the High School. Then I found out that Chef Hubby needed to go to his night job, which meant that I found a high school student to watch the kids during the game while I worked.

It was going well, until we had an injury. Blood on the floor and no towels in sight. That was cleaned up. When Hubby came to get the kids and bring them home, apparently they told him all about the blood everywhere in gruesome detail - nice!

The next day Payton woke up sick and wasn't able to go to school. She had a fever and slept a LOT so I called into work and let them know I wouldn't be coming in. It was a slow day and the teams should be set. BUT I was planning on being there Thursday... yeah, well

The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray...

Payton woke up sick again, but she seemed a little better. We were all set. She ate a little for lunch. She was drinking liquids like a champ. She even put herself down for a 2 hrs nap. When she woke up she seemed really warm, so I decided to be safe and give her some more meds. She had other plans. Like how about a spat of hysteria that resulted in her puking all over me, her, and my BED!!! NOT COOL... then we picked up Phoebe from school, and went HOME.

As soon as Hubby got home, I had to run to Parent Teacher Conferences. That was cool. My kids are normal. Well, as normal as my kids can be. Payton is really witty and doesn't get spacial descriptions (ie. front of, back of, right, left, etc) which could be part of her problem. She keeps getting yellow tickets, which means she's had a no so good day.

Phoebe is in the middle of the road on reading, and she doesn't have to go to reading club anymore, yay! She's been doing so well. She's very independent in the classroom, but unfortunately, she is a follower when it comes to friends. She needs to learn that she has to obey the rules whether her friends are, or not! ugh.

Then I headed over to cover a track meet... I like track meets, don't get me wrong, last night it seemed to drag. Man oh man.

Today was good. Payton went to school. I got to go to lunch with Chef Hubby, at his work. I like doing that, because it's like a little date. No kids (besides his students) and a little time to talk. Anyway, I have games tonight. Another game tomorrow morning and I think that I am going to watch my director do a show tomorrow night so I can get back into the swing of things with the Pampered Chef.

Wish me luck!!

No comments: