Sunday, June 22, 2008

OK - I've Got Pics!!

Ok - so this is one of the cookbooks I made for Swap-bot. I found this awesome tutorial about how to make a journal, but I can't for the life of me find the link again... sorry!!! I have been dying to try this and I finally got my chance. For this swap we were supposed to include 4-5 recipes for healthier kids recipes. I ended up using 19 recipes and then added a page of "easy swaps" that I have found to make recipes not "as bad". This is the book:


I found the picture in Parent's Magazine and feel in LOVE with it! Doesn't it just fit!
This is the front inside page:
This is an example of one of the pages... I tried to make it look professional!!! hehe
Now, I have been wanting to do the Muffin Tin Monday thing that Sycamore Stirrings did a few weeks ago, but never seemed to pull it together. Well, today was the day!! The kids were hungry. I didn't have a clue what to make... so here's what they got:

From left to right:
cookie crisp cereal, raisins, american cheese, watermelon,
raisin toast, strawberries, white cheddar cheez its, smartfood,
shelled edamame, waffles, hot dog, gummi worms.

It was a hit... they actually ate more of the stuff I thought they would avoid, like the edamame, and a lot less of the stuff I thought would be a sure thing, like the hot dogs.
Oh, well. As long as they ate!!!
Phew... so now, I think I'm all caught up on my promises!! Have a good one :o)

4 comments:

katy said...

great idea with the edamame! I'm going to try that - thanks so much for your post.

-Tee- said...

I'm glad you liked it!! For some reason, my kids LOVE that stuff... lol. It was the first thing to go believe it or not.

Bonita said...

Okay, I have no idea what edamame is, but it's green and looks healthy so I guess it's a good thing that your girls liked it. What a cute picture of them with their muffin tin lunch!

-Tee- said...

Bonita, edamame is soy beans. You can buy them frozen, then you dump some in a bowl, cover with a damp paper towel and zap in the microwave for like 2 mins - DONE. Sprinkle a little salt if you like (I don't put it on their's but, its yummy!!)