Monday, May 2, 2011

The Health Fair!! It's Almost here!!

I decided to join the PTO this year.

It doesn't seem like a big deal, right? Well, I have this little problem where I think I "can do it all". I mean, the very first meeting I went to I volunteered for the Dance Committee AND I volunteered to be the Head of the Health Fair Committee; how hard could it be? I love health fairs. I have a career in health. I know a lot of people and vendors personally, or through my hubby. Piece of cake - NOT!

So it's been 6 months since that first meeting and the Health Fair is this weekend. YAY!!

We had a logo contest in February and several entries were really good, but one literally blew our socks off. We didn't even have to vote. When we saw it, we knew! Logo - Done!

Then we started pulling together vendors and instructors for demos. Oh did, I forget to mention our highlight?? Yes, we are even holding a Smile Mile Event... with medals for the kiddos. How cool is that?? The even COOLER part... we found a place that was able to put the logo on the medal. hehe. Sorry, I get giddy when I see them. They aren't etched, but the stickers on them rock! I think the kids are going to be excited.

Actually, this morning, I was able to go into several of the classrooms and I was telling them about the event. I said "Every little kid who finishes the race gets a medal!". One of the little boys raised his hand excitedly saying "A medal?? Like a real champion?!" I said, "Yes, like a champion! Because everyone who finishes it is a champion". They were ecstatic!

Anyway, the event is almost here... I'm excited. I don't sleep anymore. I might have an ulcer... but it's so going to be worth it! Check out our poster. How cool is that, huh?? Wish me luck! Maybe I'll see you there?

No comments: