Tuesday, July 1, 2008

"Quick and Easy Recipes"

OK ... so I have to share two of my very, very favorite recipes from my Campbell Soup cookbooks! These are awesome and super easy. I know everyone is trying to avoid processed foods right now, but hey soup is still better than a stuffed crust pizza, right?? And besides, this isn't a Campbell soup commercial, but most of their popular soups come in the "Healthy Request" option which means far less fat and significantly less sodium!

Here's my #1 Favorite - the first time I tried this, I made it three times that week because I LOVED it!! I've had it with potatoes, pasta, rice... pretty much anything!

Broccoli-Beef Stir-Fry
1 lb boneless beef sirloin
2 Tbsp water
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 can Healthy Request Tomato Soup
2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp vinegar
Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder to taste for meat
Cooking spray

- Slice the beef across the grain into thin strips
- In a lightly sprayed, non-stick pan cook the beef until browned. I season it as soon as it's in the pan. Also, it may be easier to do half of the meat, remove, then the other half. If there is a lot of grease from your meat, drain it. Usually it's pretty dry, but it depends on the meat you use.
- Add the water, broccoli, ginger and garlic to the pan. Stir-fry until the broccoli is tender.
- Stir in the soup, vinegar, and soy sauce. Heat until boiling, then return the meat to the pan.
- Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice, pasta, or potatoes - Enjoy!!!

Shortcut Chicken Cordon Bleu
cooking spray
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1 can of Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp dry white wine
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese (2oz)
1/2 cup chopped cooked ham
4 cups cooked egg noodles

- In a sprayed medium skillet over medium-high heat add chicken. (I found this whole recipe easier when I cubed the chicken into 3/4 inch cubes). Cook until browned. I also seasoned this with salt and pepper as soon as I placed it in the pan. Set the chicken aside.
- Add soup, wine, water, cheese and ham. Heat to a boil, stirring often. Return chicken to the pan.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 5mins, stirring occasionally. Serve with the pasta!

OK, with this one Chef Hubby and I were a little divided... he thought that I should have made twice the amount of sauce, but I thought it was just right. Try it and let me know what you think! I have 5 different Campbell Soup cookbooks and I love them all!! You can't find them just anywhere anymore. I found mine on ebay, but they do have a website. Check it out!

No comments: