Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Countdown Begins

I am soo excited! This week I get to work for three days then I have 4 days off (I get the holiday on Friday and I don't work Mondays in the summer), then I work 4 days and I get my 2 week vacation which means 17 days of just being a mom and wife. Aaahhhh.

I haven't actually done that in so long. I haven't taken a vacation since the summer of 2002. Now, don't get me wrong, we've been away a couple of times for the weekend, but that doesn't really relax you at all. You just rush to leave after work on Friday and make sure you get home early enough on Sunday to be ready to head back to work on Monday. I'm sure you know the drill!

I also get to go see my big brother and sister in law, the first weekend in August. So just in case you are doing the math, that means 17 days off, then work 4 days and head out that evening to see them, then fly back Monday to go back to work Tuesday. I have to admit that little trip should be awesome, but I am so stressed about it, I can't tell you!

I have this issue with planes so we aren't taking the kids like we had initially planned. I can't do it! I can't take care of the kids on the plane while I am trying not to have a meltdown... breathe!! There are many problems with me and a plane. First, I am a claustrophobic and afraid of heights. Throw in the idea that you are giving up all control to some guy in the cockpit that you can't even see and a big old "machine" that sure as hell doesn't look like it should be in the sky!! Anyway, you probably get the picture.

My other problem is the whole babysitting thing. I always feel like I am imposing whenever I ask anyone to watch the kids. I'm telling you, we have very well paid sitters just because I feel bad! Does anyone else have this complex?!?!

Well, I have to get Phoebe some milk and see if Payton is awake yet. Hope you all have a great week! I am sure as heck gonna try!! I'm outta here!!

No comments: