Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Another year older

 
Yesterday was my 35th Birthday. Yup... I am officially half way done with my 30's. I think it's funny because I don't feel like I've done enough. I feel like I should be somewhere more... I have the house and the hubby, the kids, the dog and the hamster. I have a career. I'm on the PTO and helping run my husband's campaign. I've managed to learn how to cook, to do some basic cosmetic stuff in the house, even started taking care of the yard... but today I realized why I've been feeling like I should be doing something else. Like something else should be done.

I actually figured it out today. I never thought that I would ever be in the this much debt. UGH!! I mean, it's not the "bad" debt that the collection people are calling us at all hours of the night to track down. It's mortgage, student loans (undergrad AND grad school), cars, and the monthly bill for the kids tuition. It's just non-stop. 

We have a plan and we're working towards getting everything done and gone, but right now, I wish we could do more. I wish we could bring the kids to Disney, like so many of our friends. I wish that Henry didn't have to work the second job. BUT then I realized something else. I was looking at my Positivity bracelet that I got from Laura over at Piece of Cake, and realized that there has to be a better way to look at this situation. Our kids watch us everyday working to do what needs to be done. They see us doing the right thing and understand that if you want money, you need to work hard. 

I also realized that love is all you really need... and I have PLENTY of that. I have the most loving husband. He is truly the man of my dreams. My world revolves around my kids and I would do anything for them. For all of this I am truly blessed. So what more could I ask for, right... oh yeah...

No comments: