Sunday, April 3, 2011

What I've been up to...

Shrimp and Veggie Lo Mein
 The last post, I was able to talk about the Chinese food and could NOT for the life of me find the pics I took. Weird, I know... lol, but I found them!! Don't these egg rolls look yummy?? They tasted even better and the lo mein totally ROCKED!! You have to check out the recipes and make them immediately :) I didn't have any leftovers. OK, I had about 1oz of seaweed salad (out of 1lb) and a few cups of egg drop soup. I think the meal was a complete success and will definitely be making all of these recipes again.

Shrimp Egg Rolls

Phoebe was in a play. It was Annie Jr. She was an orphan. You would not believe how excited she was to be dirty. Really! When they started rehearsal, the director told them that they needed some old clothes, ripped tights, scuffed shoes, messed hair and dirty faces. She came home sooo excited. She said "Mommy, we need to mess our hair and then they're going to put dirt on our faces!! Mommy, I've been waiting my whole life to be dirty!!" I'm not sure but I think that means I've been doing my job :)

 I'm not sure I mentioned this, but I was on a committee for the school, to help organize a Father-Daughter Dance. It was Saturday night. It was a HUGE success! The school hasn't had a dance in many years and  this was a "trial" to see if people would be open to it and if we could pull it off. Needless to say, we are already discussing the possibility for a Welcome Back to School Dance for the beginning of the year, for ALL students! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Payton's Cinderella Dress
 
Phoebe's Princess Dress
These are the dresses that the girls picked out on themselves. Notice the "high heel" shoes. That was a must have item. Payton specifically told me "Mommy, I NEED high heels for my dress!" Do you think I'm giving them a bad impression? Come on, seriously, who can really blame me for completing an outfit (a "going out outfit") with heels?? I'm only 5'2 and a half. Hey at the doctor's the other day, they added the half, so can I.
 
We also had a sleepover the other day. This little kiddo has such a special place in my heart. She's pretty much my niece... and we LOVE having her over. She just fits in so well :) They all had to get dressed up and then pose for a bunch of pics. This is one of my favorites... hehe. My little princesses. I think I might actually miss this when they get older - and I don't say that much. 


 We had a little tragedy this past week. After only 9 months, Sparkles passed away. I went to feed her Wednesday night and wasn't greeted by a happy, hungry little hamster as usual. So I tapped a little, called her, and then searched. She was in her "bed". OK - so maybe I should explain about the searching. Our hamster was SPOILED... she had 2 cages connected by the tubing with satellite pods and wheels. She had a lot of space to play. 

Anyway, she was not moving... and I cried... a LOT. I'm really pathetic. I get VERY attached to things. I cry at those commercials for the humane society and hate hate hate those youtube clips about poaching and pretty much anything else about animal abuse. It's awful. So the next morning we broke it to the kids. Payton was fine until she saw Phoebe crying and then she got a little sad. Momentarily, anyway. It did not take her long to look up with those sad little eyes and say "But mommy, we can buy a NEW hamster!!", to which Phoebe agreed. So welcome our new member... Caramel:


    

 Oh, and here are some more pics of the Father - Daughter Dance!!





And finally, My hubby is running for City Council. I am so proud of him! He's got so much heart and has the needs of our community on his mind all of the time. Actually, as I'm writing this post, he's watching city council meetings. Fun, right? lol. He really cares and I love him for that. We had our first campaign fundraiser last month and here he is with some friends. Notice the chef coat, because he came right from school (he's a culinary instructor). Did I mention how hard he works?? He's amazing.


And, finally, this is me with the co-owner of the Shawmut Diner. That's the place we had the fundraiser. It's an awesome little place with great food and great people. If you're ever in the area, you should really check it out! So thanks Phil and Celeste... I think it turned out to be the perfect venue!

If you want to learn more about my hubby and maybe even want to help with his campaign, check out his website... www.henrybousquet.com

No comments: