Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Weight Loss Challenge Update

I'm going to be honest... I have another blog all about weight loss and healthy recipes, etc, but I can't keep up with both, so I'm going to merge them. Basically, I'm just going to do ALL of my rambling and posting on here, if that's ok with you :)

So this morning was another weigh in at WW. I knew that I had to have lost something, but my scale at home hasn't been the most accurate lately.  It's probably time for a new one soon. Oh well. Anyway, as usual, I woke up and got the kids set and off to school. Then I have to wait another hour and half before I can go weigh in. Now, during this period, I don't eat or drink and I go searching for my lightest clothes... lmao. OK, maybe it would be more funny if it wasn't actually true, but hey that's my system.

I got there, waited in line and climbed on the scale. I lost 3.4lbs!! Go me :) I'll take it. That puts me at 158.4lbs now... down about 55lbs at WW or 65lbs from my heaviest, which sadly enough, wasn't while I was pregnant. I want to drop another 25 but my hubby thinks that too much. Well, have to see. I'm incorporating exercise again now so I'm hoping the results will start showing more in terms of inches. I will keep you posted!

Oh... and I'll leave you with a recipe.

Pizza Bubble-up Casserole

1 - 1 1/2 pound 96% lean ground beef
2 t. onion powder or 1 onion, chopped
16 oz. tomato sauce (or spaghetti sauce... Hunt's with Sausage is very low in fat and ROCKS!!)
1/2 t. dried basil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 t. Italian seasoning
Veggie Toppings (mushrooms, peppers, olives, any of your favorites – BE CREATIVE)
17 slices Turkey Pepperoni (optional)
15 oz. refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 1/4 c. part skim milk mozzarella cheese, shredded 

salt and pepper to taste (add while browning)
 

Preheat oven to 350 F. In skillet, saute the garlic and onion in a little oil. Then add the meat over medium heat with the dried seasonings until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in onion powder or onion, tomato sauce, basil, garlic and Italian seasoning.

Add veggies (mushrooms, peppers, black olives, etc…whatever you like) and pepperoni. Add cut up biscuits; stir gently until biscuits are covered with sauce. Pour the mixture into a sprayed 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake an additional 10 minutes or until biscuits are done. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. 


 My kids LOVED this! Payton didn't event want to try it and then ended up going for seconds. I prepared the mixture and poured it into the casserole dish in the morning and put it in the fridge so hubby could just throw it in the oven when he got home. It worked out great!

No comments: