Monday, April 4, 2011

Getting to the Finish Line

I have been on the weight loss journey most of my life and it definitely has its ups and downs. Right now I'm signed up for not one, but TWO weight loss challenges. You'd figure that this will help me get to my goal. I'm thinking it might be working. I think the bigger factor is that for the very first time, my hubby and I are doing it together.

Most of the people I hang out with right now never knew me back when I was "big". They kind of chuckle when I say I used to be an chunka or an Umpa Lumpa. It's weird because even when I was big, I never felt that way. I always thought I was a little chunky. I was always strong and I was able to do most of the exercises I was having my athletes do... just not as many! lol. But I was confident. Now, 65lbs less I actually have a complex when I get dressed.

It's so frustrating to have the muffin top with even the loosest pants. I had toned up quite a bit when I was working with my trainer, but ended that last summer. I know what I need to do. I create programs to get other people in shape. Actually, just finished one for some of the Lacrosse/Football players, that would do exactly what I want to do, but have I done it? Not once! Oh well, maybe this will light a fire under my butt... This is me at my starting weight of 223lbs!! Yuck! Not what I ever want to see again. Gonna go workout now!

No comments: