Monday, August 18, 2008

Breakfast Muffin Tin

Can I once again profess my love for the muffin tin idea?!?! I love this thing! We do it all of the time actually. I think breakfast is actually the most popular just because I never know what I will be able to get the kids to eat. Today Payton had a banana before she ate breakfast because she got up a lot earlier than Phoebe and she only nibbled at the muffin tin, but man, Phoebe made up for that!!

I was going to make a blueberry coffee cake for breakfast, but I remembered that it was Breakfast Muffin Tin day, so I made some mini chocolate chip corn muffins instead. (They only took 10mins to cook instead of 45-50mins... don't think the kids would have waited) I still have to make the coffee cake now before the blueberries go bad, but I'm going to ship it out tonight with Chef Hubby when he goes to play cards with his buddies.

Anyway, here it is...



chocolate chip mini muffins, ham and egg scramble, bacon
Peanut butter english muffin, watermelon, waffle with cinnamon and sugar
They ate a LOT of it today too!! I'm very excited... hehe. Ever made a muffin tin, or even a meal that your kids just won't touch? I go through that just about everyday... it's so defeating after a while! Well, one meal down today. I actually bought the english muffins so the kids could make their own little individual pizzas for lunch or dinner. We have some cheeses and meats they can use. Hey, I should just make that into another muffin tin!! lol... I'm on a roll!
Hope you all have a great day - I get to start pre-season conditioning at the High School today. OK, well, I don't actually do the conditioning. I make sure that everyone has clearance, and there aren't any medical conditions, etc. I also get to take care of all of the athletes who decided they weren't going to prepare themselves over the summer for the fall sport. The first two weeks are AWFUL!!!

4 comments:

katy said...

What a great breakfast tin. Looks delicious! Thinking about how I can make my way to your house for breakfast.

Thanks for offering to host. Amanda offered first so I took her up on it. I'm sure I'll need help again, though!

-Tee- said...

oh no problem, I read the comments to see if anyone volunteered and somehow missed hers! lol. We really do love this idea :o)

libby said...

Yummy muffin tin. I've only just started them last week but my girls are loving them. A pizza muffin cut up is a great idea.

Libby

Paris Pastry said...

LOL, that looks so cute! Great idea :)