Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We made it!!

So Chef Hubby and I were able to get away for almost 5 full days... hehe!! It was so much fun :o)

We went to Kansas State for a few days and then spent a few days in Kansas City, Missouri with my brother and sister in law. It was fun, restful, and much needed! Thank guys for a great time - it was awesome!

I also was able to fly without incident. I wore what are called "Sea Bands" instead of having to resort to dramamine or Kava Kava, a natural relaxant, so I actually felt normal and highly recommend them to anyone who gets motion sickness!! I bought them a few years ago when I had to go on a boat while I was pregnant and unable to take the meds. They cost less than 10 bucks and are reusable... and as I stated - YOU FEEL NORMAL!! No recovery period or grogginess... it was great!

See how awesome the sky looked while we flew... and yes that is another plane. We saw it while we were flying. I think we were over Washington DC or something. We saw 4 or 5 other planes, but it took a little while before it ocurred to me that it might make a cool pic.










So there, I flew and felt good. I missed the kids, but I wasn't stressed... well, not the whole time anyway. We called them one day when they were going to bed and Phoebe cried, that made us feel really bad, but she was just tired.

We saw the Red Sox too!! Not at a game, but walking from the hotel to a restaurant on the streets of Kansas City. Here is where I have to admit that I had no idea who they were. Actually none of us did, except my brother... and it didn't register with him until they had walked by, so I was only able to get a picture of their butts... lol!! Oh well, I can still say, I saw the Red Sox!

My brother would be so disappointed in me for not remembering any of their names, but all I can say is one of the two guys in the back is Tim Wakefield. I know, I know, I definitely would not make a good journalist or anything, but at least we had fun!! I actually felt bad for the players though. We were staying in the same hotel and when we were heading back, there were a bunch of people camped out with bags of balls and piles of bats. I don't think that would make for a fun trip, what do you think?

Shouldn't these guys be able to walk down the street without getting stopped? Should there be a one item limit? Would it be rude for them to walk by without signing? Why isn't it considered rude when people chase them? I don't know, I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts?

Well, we've been back for a few hours and I need some recovery time from my time away... lol. Good night everyone!

No comments: